Always wanted to give your car a good scrub but have no idea where to start? Luckily for you, we have compiled 21 simple tips for you to keep your car speckless!
- Use vinegar or specific cleaner for the insides of the windows.
- Wipe clean any dust or stains from the dashboard or steering wheel.
- Use reputable upholstery cleaners and wipes.
- Consider using newspapers to keep the windows streak-free.
- Make sure your vacuum is lightweight, and has a variety of attachments.
- Shake the floor mats out.
- If your car smells, sprinkle a little baking soda then vacuum it up.
- Get under the seats and pedals.
- Do not forget to vacuum the boot.
- Park in the shade.
- Wet the car, then use a soft sponge or cloth to gently scrub the entire roof in a circular motion. The car should stay wet the entire time.
- Move on to the windshield and bonnet, repeating the steps from the roof.
- Lift the wipers to ensure that you reach all necessary cleaning points.
- Dry the car, starting from the roof, using a microfibre cloth or chamois.
- Use a brush to scrub the tyres, rims and wheel wells.
- Once the car is dry, use a non-acid based tyre cleaner to make them look new.
- Use a wax stripper to clear off any old wax so you can start with a clean, even surface.
- Apply the wax in a thin layer, and buff it until it is slightly cloudy. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Buff the first coat until shiny, then apply the second coat more liberally. Let it cure for 20 minutes, then buff it until it is clear.
- Make sure you have quality, long-lasting wax (either liquid or paste), depending on your preference.
- Mask off any plastic, chrome or other materials to protect them in case you accidentally put wax on them.
Now you’re all ready to deep clean your car!