Carro’s Essential Car Maintenance Checklist
With great power(ful cars), comes great responsibility. Maintaining your car regularly makes for a better driving experience. If you’re looking to resell your car after a few years, it’s in your best interest to ensure that your car remains in tip-top condition. Not sure where to start? Servicing your car becoming too much of a hassle? Unable to find the perfect workshop?
Fret not, for we have compiled the basic essential car maintenance checklist with basic tips so that you can keep your car in great shape.
To check regularly (every month)
- Oil levels: Add oil if the level is low, and check for leaks
- Hoses: Replace if bulging, rotten or brittle
- Belts: Replace if worn, frayed or glazed
- Tire pressure: Add air if the pressure level is too low
- Coolant or antifreeze: Add if the level is low, and check for leaks
- Air filter: Replace if dirty
- Inspect tyres: For damage, bulges or uneven wear
To check frequently (every three months)
- Oil and oil filter: Change every 5,000km or as recommended by manufacturer guidelines
- Windshield washer fluid: Add fluid if the level is low
- Power steering fluid: Add fluid if the level is low
- Transmission fluid: Add fluid if the level is low
- Battery terminals and cables: Clean if corroded
- Lights: Ensure all lights and turn signals work
To check occasionally (every six months)
- Wiper blades: Replace if worn, brittle or smeary
- Horn: Test and ensure that it works
- Brakes: Inspect for unusual wear and tear
- Spare tyre: Make sure that it is fully inflated
- Exhaust system: Inspect for rust, damage or loose parts
- Shocks: Examine for oil seepage or wear and tear
Of course, if your car is starting to show any warning signs at any time, it is imperative that you resolve the issue as soon as possible. Failure to fix recurring issues in your car may leave you with heftier charges when your car can no longer bear the brunt of its mechanical failures. So, what are you waiting for?
Don’t overlook the problems today or you’ll definitely regret it later!
People also liked: WANT TO SELL A USED CAR? HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW! CARRO REVIEWS: THE ALL-NEW SEAT ARONA 1.0 ECOTSI ROAD TRIPPING ACROSS THE CAUSEWAY – 5 CITIES TO VISIT IN MALAYSIA