You’re not alone when it come to car issues. Let’s cry over the same darn things that irritate us all.
1. Insecure about the way your car smells. Your car is a four-wheeled extension of you, so it’s only natural that you are concerned with how it smells when you have passengers. When people enter your car, everyone is basically sharing the same atmospheric air in a moving metal box. It is in the moment of vulnerability where you start feeling paranoid on whether or not they catch a whiff of that ex you kidnapped and stored in the boot. If you’re lucky enough, the sweet smell of that glade freshener should do the trick.
2. How long you can last on the road when gas is getting low. You always think that you can last long enough for a trip or two when you’re out on low gas, but when the needle starts steeping closer and closer to ‘E’ and you’re on the expressway with no petrol station in sight, your heart starts to pound a little faster. Nobody wants to be that driver who has to stop at the side because the car is out of gas.
3. If you can fit your car into that tiny parking space. We all try to tell ourselves that our car can fit into any spot as long as you have the will and determination to do. Especially when you’ve been driving around the lot for what seemed like forever and you’re going to fight to the death to fit nicely in.
4. Where that little scratch from the bumper came from. New scratches are like pimples. They sometimes appear out of nowhere and cause embarrassment and stress, not to mention time and effort to get rid of it. Whenever there’s a new unfamiliar scratch that turns up out of nowhere, everyone feels like a suspect. Was it that auntie that threw open the front door? Did someone ram their shopping cart into the car?
5. Whether or not your passengers are judging your life based on content in your car. Yes, I have pink fluffy pillows in the backseat, why the heck not?! Yes, I know I have a copy of ‘He’s Not That Into You’ slotted in the front seat. My car my rules! (nervous sweating)
6. The chance of rain after you just washed your car. Let’s be honest – car washes don’t happen as often as they should. And when they do, the clouds always look a little more grey and the pitter patter of rain drops get louder as they hit the floor and your car roof. When Mother Nature decides to mess with your efforts of being a responsible owner, it can be very demoralizing.
Image Credit: Car